Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wide open spaces

So, I sit here looking for a job. I feel like I have some great skills. I can write, direct, and perform theatrical material. I'm not bad at working with video, audio, and other communicative media. I am hardworking, friendly, and passionate about what I do. I see, what looks like, a need in the church, and I want to be a part of filling it. So why not?

It be one thing if I just couldn't cut it. It'd be one thing if I went to interviews and was turned down, or even if I sent in applications and never heard back. Then at least I'd know I'd need to get better or search again for my calling.

Instead, the position I seek does not seem to exist. It seems the church is willing to continue to submit itself to terribly written, poorly done, and ill received drama-skits, as long as they have preachers, teachers, singers, secretaries, guitar players, custodians, and audio technicians. Mind you, I have no problem with these people. I'm a church custodian myself. But in a culture soaked in dramatic story telling and with a scripture full of dramatic stories, wouldn't investing in theatre artist make sense?

Forgive me, I'm just a little frustrated and at a loss. Oh well. God is good. His Kingdom, His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment